Friday, 4 September 2015

Dough Kitchen, NQ

A couple of weeks ago my mum came to visit me in Manchester and took me for pizza at Dough Kitchen, somewhere I've been raving about and wanting to go for ages.
Dough Kitchen is an Italian restaurant situated in the Northern Quarter on High Street, and everyone who knows me knows I pretty much live in NQ - its such a bustling, lively area of the city with the coolest bars and restaurants, and the best place for vintage and boutique clothing. It is heaven! 

Dough wasn't short on the choice of pizza, pasta and other 'nibbles'.  But having known already what I came here for, I drove straight into the pizza menu. I was torn between the Sticky BBQ Chicken, Pulled Pork and a feast of a pizza combining two of my favourite foods named the The Breakfast *heart eyes* 
Playing it safe, I went for the Sticky BBQ Chicken (I'm a wuss at trying new things in new places). And my mum went for the Goats Cheese. 
The pizza was about the same diametre as a normal dinner plate - the perfect portion - and all homemade to order on the premise I knew it was going to be a delicious joy. 

I love anything smothered in BBQ sauce
The meal was amazing. I was so full I couldn't even finish the pizza off. I did have a nosey at the dessert menu, but was so stuffed I couldn't concentrate. 

Verdict: YES I WILL BE COMING BACK. I have to take flatmates here, for an alternative to Dominos, one night. Nicely priced for someone with a student budget. Lovely waiting staff and very stylish interior. Overall - so yummy. 

Overall rating: ****

Keep an eye out for some more of my foodie posts. As well as fashion and design, I want to incorporate some of the stuff I do outside uni and things I do in my spare time with family and friends. I may even do some home cooking posts - I've been experimenting with homemade soups recently and so far have made two very successful veg soups. Delish and 'clean' way of using up any vegetables you have lying about that need using up asap!

leanne x

No comments:

Post a Comment