Wednesday, 22 April 2015

New Purchases

This week swampy students finally getting their loans in meaning only one thing, time to spend!
In typical fashion, me and my friends went to Afflecks Palace in Manchester. For anyone who has never been to Afflecks, it is basically a huge building with a bunch of independent boutiques, vintage shops, jewellery stalls, fancy dress and everything cute and quirky you can think of. It's a mecca for the weird and wonderful.
In one of the boutiques, Huk, I found the most awesome necklaces, knitted and knotted in bright greens, pinks and yellows, adorned with other dangly bits and sparkles. I went for this knotted multi layered chain. Big statement jewellery isn't usually my thing - I like subtle pieces in silver or gold. But this caught my eye, and thought it would look amazing layered on top of a plain high neck crop or any sort of casual t-shirt for a dressed down look.
You can see why I was so drawn to it in the first place - look at the colours!

I found it interesting to find thread weaved through the chain, gave me a lot of ideas of my own for updating pieces I have lying around at home. So quirky and different!
Yesterday out in the sun I styled it with my super old grey Topshop T-shirt dress for a dressed down look. 
On the day, I also picked up this super adorable plunge bra from Ann Summers. I had a fitting, as I haven't bought a new bra in forever, and found out I'm now a 36E rather than a DD! The bra is super comfy and fits me so well, and gives me a lot of extra confidence. The sales assistant, Abbey, was so helpful and made me feel so at ease in her care as she measured me up and helped me find a new bra. She was lovely! 

All in all, I had a super lovely day in town with my friends pottering about doing some girly shopping!

leanne x 

No comments:

Post a Comment